Japanese Customer News January 23rd 2015
● “Panasonic, Toshiba and Fujitsu have converted former electronics manufacturing sites for the production of vegetables, using hi-tech clean rooms”
Source: ‘Made in Japan’ hopes revived by Eric Pfanner, The Wall Street Journal, The Australian Newspaper, Tuesday January 20th, 2015 p22.
● “In Japan, the sale of adult diapers began to exceed those for babies a few years ago and more than 25 per cent of the population is at retirement age”
Source: Investing for the long term: picking trends that will move markets for years to come by Gregory Zuckerman, The Wall Street Journal, The Australian Newspaper, Tuesday January 20th, 2015, p23.
● “PWC Australia CEO Luke Sayers says the level of direct Australian investment and business activity in Asia beyond trade is ‘woeful’. He is right.”
Source: Upbeat CEO’s By Michael Smith, Chanticleer, Australian Financial Review Newspaper, Wednesday 21st January, 2015 page 40.
● “Japan’s third-largest trading company Itochu...has been in business since Japan opened to the world in the late 1800’s”
Source: The new reality of Asian business is regional supply chains, by Greg Earl, The Australian Financial review Newspaper, Thursday January 22nd, 2015, page 29.
● “A record 13.4 million tourists travelled to Japan last year…JNTO said international tourist arrivals rose 29 per cent last year…and their spending jumped 40 per cent to more than Y 2 trillion (AUS $ 20.6 billion)”
Source: Chinese shoppers flock to Japan by Eric Pfanner, The Wall Street Journal, The Australian Newspaper, Thursday January 22nd, 2015 page 25.
japan, japanese, customer, consumer, picture, quote, news, video, podcast, business, economy, trends, insights, behaviour, www.peterhanami.com, analysis, #japan, #japanese, #customer, #consumer